The 15th-century town’s brewery in Mechelen is a unique place to stay. Situated in the middle of the Beguinage, 10 minutes' walk from the Grote Markt, and 5 minutes drive from Mechelen-Nekkerspoel station. While you enjoy breakfast, you can watch the brewery come to life. After a day exploring Mechelen, come back and dine in the fully renovated brasserie, not forgetting of course to savour the renowned Gouden Carolus beer. Put simply, there’s more to do at the brewery than sleep. A visit to the brewery is all about discovery and enjoyment, with Mechelen on your doorstep.
‘Sweet dreams at the brewery’ package
- 1 overnight stay with extensive breakfast buffet
- welcome drink: beer from the brewery
- guided tour of the brewery + tasting of 2 beers
- 3-course meal, ‘suggestion of the chef’
- souvenir from Het Anker brewery
- free cycling map and Het Anker brewery info book
- 1 beer box per room (4 unique booklets about Antwerp breweries – 4 unique experiences – Walk, Ride, Cook, Enjoy)
- When visiting the Sportimonium, the Olympic museum in Hofstade near Mechelen, free use of the digital tour ‘On the wheel of Eddy Merckx’ using an iPad.
Price: 2 people: €160, 1 person: €120
Reservations: contact Het Anker brewery directly, from 1.3.2013 to end 2015